Association of “CORD BLOOD BANKS, OTHER HUMAN TISSUES AND CELLS” is an open, volunteer, professional organization, for the membership in which the following organizations may apply:
- any enterprises, organizations or associations, which are the licensed banks of the umbilical cord blood, other human tissues and cells, or medical institutions that are legally working in the field of cord blood and other human tissues and cells application;
- both Ukrainian and foreign universities, regardless of their form of ownership, that train professionals for the medical and biotech industry;
- specialized research institutes and organizations wishing to join the Association and participate in the implementation of its goals and objectives.
The Association implicates 3 levels of membership (full, associate and academic):
- Full Members of the Association are its founders.
- Associate Members of the Association are licensed banks of cord blood, other human tissues and cells, with experience of at least 5 years of operation on the Ukrainian or international market, and medical institutions, legally working in the field of cord blood and other human tissues and cells application, both in Ukraine and abroad.
- Academic members of the Association are institutions of higher education both in Ukraine and abroad, regardless of their form of ownership, which train specialists for the medical and biotech industries, as well as specialized research institutes and organizations. For this category the membership in the Association is free, that is, Academic members of the Association do not pay the entrance fee and membership fees.
Institute of cell therapy
Institute of Cell Therapy is a scientific-research, specialized medical and diagnostic organization, which consists of the functioning clinic and cryobank. Specialists of the Institute of Cell Therapy developed and implemented into medical practice the newest scientific achievements in the field of cryobiology and cell technologies.
Gusak institute of the urgent and reconstructive surgery
Gusak Institute of the Urgent and Reconstructive Surgery is one of the leading medical institutions of the country. High professionalism of the scientists and specialists, update diagnostic and medical equipment, development and implementation of the new methods of diagnosis and treatment of patients, the use of the modern technologies of the fighting with different diseases and their consequences – all of this contributes to the effective treatment of the most severe diseases.
Clinic “Emcell” is a medical center, founded in 1994. During the years of its activity several thousand patients were treated in the clinic, more than 6 000 stem cells transplantations were perfomed. The developed and currently used in the clinic methods of treatment permitted to preserve and elongate patients’ lives, to achieve the restoration of the functions of organs and tissues, to reach positive treatment results.
Polski Bank Komórek Macierzystych S.A. (PBKM)
Polski Bank Komórek Macierzystych S.A. (PBKM) was founded in January 2002. As a first family bank in Poland released a cord blood unit for transplantation (2007). Now is the only family cord blood bank in Poland that is accredited by AABB, ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004. Part of the international banking network FamiCord that operates in more than 20 European countries and owns 4 laboratories.
STEM CELL BANK POKROVSKI
Russia’s largest bank personal and public storage of cord blood stem cells. The Bank has a successful experience in the isolation, preparation and preservation of stem cell work with gene technology and DNA.
International Center of Biotechnology (ICB) BIOSTEM
Is one of the most important branches of the Institute of Urgent and
Recovery Surgery n.a. Gusak of the Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine.
The main objectives of the center – treatment of a wide range of diseases
using the latest biotechnologies including stem cell therapy and private
storage of cord blood.
Institute of Eye Diseases and Tissue Therapy n.a. V.P. Filatov
Institute of Eye Diseases and Tissue Therapy n.a. V.P. Filatov of NAMSU was established in 1936 and currently is the leading institution in Ukraine, carrying out research, clinical, organizational, methodological and educational activities on the problems of ophthalmology. Within over 80 years history, the Institute made many discoveries that determined the vectors of development of world ophthalmology. Today the Institute of Eye Diseases and Tissue Therapy n.a. V.P. Filatov is the national center of scientific research in the most actual directions of this field of medicine.
Sytenko Institute of Spine and joint Pathology, Academy of Medical Science, Ukraine
Sytenko Institute of Spine and joint Pathology, Academy of Medical Science was established in 1907. The scientific of the Institute are involved in persistent scientific activity resulting in the numerous scientific innovation and works. Highly qualified specialists are able to conduct complex examination and treatment of patients in comfortably equipped in patient department.
National Institute of Surgery and Transplantology named after O. O. Shalimov of National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine
Recognized at national and international level, multi-specialty medical institution in Ukraine, known for its high quality research, and clinical work. The Institute has existed since 1972.
The Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics of NASU
The Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics of NASU was established in 1973 and now is represented by 15 scientific departments and 10 laboratories. Scientific research programme of the Institue is focused on the central trends of molecular biology, genetics and biotechnology.
The State Institute of Genetic and Regenerative Medicine NAMS Ukraine
The State Institute of Genetic and Regenerative Medicine NAMS Ukraine is the state-run research institution, aiming at the development and introduction of newest gene and cell technologies into basic science and practical medicine.
The Institute is run by Prof. Gennadii M. Butenko, a Full member of the NAMS Ukraine and a Corresponding member of the NAS Ukraine.